Job openings as of December 12, 2018.
To submit your resume online, click here. Please remember to indicate the position you’re applying for with your resume.
Tax Preparer – Part Time
Would you like to have a P/T job that can help save people in the Southeastern Pennsylvania area thousands of dollars? Working as a Tax Consultant with PathWays PA’s VITA Program you can prepare taxes for low income individuals helping them receive hundreds of dollars in earned tax credits without incurring any fees.
This is a P/T position requiring approximately 34 hours of work per week including evenings between January and April 2019. Applicants for this position should have an Associate or Bachelor’s degree, relevant tax preparation experience, knowledge of and sensitivity to issues concerning low income individuals, comfort with a wide range of people, dependable and the ability to pass the IRS VITA exam at the Advanced level. As a tax consultant you will also serve as a resource for other preparers and volunteers.
Tax preparers are needed for sites in Philadelphia. Your own reliable transportation is also required. Interested parties should submit a resume by email or fax to 484-574-8056, attn: Tax Preparer.
Tax Site Coordinator (Philadelphia)
PathWays PA is seeking a skilled and committed professional to coordinate free tax preparation services at one of our VITA sites. The tax site coordinator will ensure that we provide high-quality free tax assistance to students and their parents at a local College. At least two seasons of tax preparation experience and previous work with low income, diverse populations and college students preferred; strong organizational and interpersonal skills and comfort with a wide range of people; strong commitment to anti-poverty mission; dependable, hard worker; ability to take initiative and work without much supervision; ability to pass the IRS VITA certification test at the Advanced level; 35-39 hours weekly, evening hours required. Bachelor’s Degree also required. This is a part time seasonal position. Please email or fax cover letters and resumes to 484-574-8056, attn: Taxes/Site Coord.
Self Sufficiency Coordinator- Folsom, PA
PathWays PA is seeking a BS/BA level Benefits Enrollment Specialist to promote economic well-being in low-income families. Candidates will have demonstrated ability and previous experience in providing benefits enrollment assistance, financial education and advocacy for low-income individuals and families; familiarity with the systems and benefits available to aid low-income individuals and families including TANF, work supports, SNAP, etc. is preferred. Must be comfortable with people, computers and TANF system and able to work some evenings and Saturdays.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: assisting low-income individuals apply for public benefits such as SNAP, Medical Assistance, Li-HEAP, etc. and other programs serving low-income persons and to understand tools and strategies for managing and building assets. Advocate on behalf of individuals and families with the County Assistance Office. Assist individuals to save for post-secondary educational goals through matched savings accounts. The individual selected will also support and assist with tax preparation assistance at VITA sites throughout the greater Philadelphia area. Bilingual a plus, 4-year degree required — no exceptions. Position is based in Delaware County, but will require independent travel and work in Philadelphia.
Please email or fax resumes to 484-574-8056, attention: JL/MDP/BS, with the subject line “Self-Sufficiency Coordinator”.
PathWays PA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Residential Advisor (Center for Families) – Delaware County, PA
We are seeking a caring and motivated individual to provide support and oversight for our Delaware County group home serving mothers and children. HS/GED, Associates Degree and experience preferred. Must have current valid driver’s license, and ability to drive a 9 passenger van. Hours are Overnight Friday 9pm to 9am Saturday morning and Saturday night 9pm to 9am Sunday morning every other weekend. Location is not accessible via public transportation. Independent travel required.
E-mail or fax resumes to: 484-574-8056.
Job Type: Casual
Residential Advisor (Basic Center Program)–Philadelphia, PA
We are seeking a caring and motivated individual to provide support and oversight for our Philadelphia group home serving runaway, homeless youth. HS/GED, Associates Degree and residential experience strongly preferred. Hours are 4:00pm to 12:00am, Monday through Friday.
E-mail or fax resumes to:, 484-574-8056 attn: BCP.
Volunteer Greeter/Intake Specialist
Provide support to the tax site by greeting and screening all tax filers to ensure the filer has all necessary information and documents required to complete a tax return by
- Use check –in sheet to sign in tax filers seeking assistance.
- Greet all tax filers visiting the site to create a pleasant atmosphere.
- Give each tax filer Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet to complete.
- Help clients fill out their intake forms and get their paperwork ready.
- Use the completed Form 13614-C to screen tax filers to determine the type of assistance they will need.
- Refer to completed Form 13614-C to ensure the tax filer has brought the required documents (e.g. valid photo identification, Social Security card or other acceptable documentation, W-2, 1099’s, last year’s return, health insurance 1095 forms) from which a tax return can be completed.
- For clients choosing to use the drop-off service, copy or scan all of the documents and create folder for each tax filer.
- Make appointment reminder phone calls.
- Notify Site Coordinator and/or tax preparers when tax filers are picking up completed returns.
- Assist with data entry or other tasks as needed.
- Good interpersonal skills and comfort with a wide range of people.
- Comfort using computers.
- Strong interest in helping low-income access their full refund.
- Able to commit to a 3-4 shift each week from January 22 – April 15, 2019.
- Shifts are available week day mornings, afternoon, evenings and Saturdays 9:00am-2:00pm
Volunteer Income Tax Preparers
PathWays PA’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides free tax preparation to low-income filers so they can access valuable tax refunds and credits.
By volunteering only 3-4 hours a week during tax season, you alone can return over $30,000 to local working families! PathWays PA is looking for volunteers during the day, afternoons, evenings or Saturdays. No tax experience is required; free IRS-certified tax training is provided.
VITA volunteers will file tax returns, bringing thousands of dollars back to low-income working families; become an IRS-certified tax preparer; and get their own tax return filed for free.
- Successfully pass open book IRS certification exam on required tax law knowledge
- Prepare federal & state returns.
- Conduct thorough interview with tax filer to obtain necessary information to prepare accurate return
- Review returns prepared by other volunteers to ensure accuracy
- Treat tax clients with respect and maintain their privacy & confidentiality
- Provide information about other programs, such as financial education & counseling, FAFSA, SNAP (food stamps), LIHEAP, Healthcare and asset development strategies that tax filers may be able to utilize.
- Commit to a set schedule of 3-4 hours each week during tax season to assist our tax clients. (January 22-April 17th)
- No tax experience is required; free IRS-certified tax training is provided.
- Comfort using computers
- Good interpersonal skills and comfort with a wide range of people;
- Strong interest in helping low-moderate income people become self-sufficient by accessing job supports (tax credits, financial counseling, SNAP, affordable health & child care, housing and education);
- Dependable, hard worker
Benefit to Volunteers:
- Learn new skills that will benefit you beyond the VITA Program and make you more marketable
- Become an IRS certified preparer
- Help people access their full refunds and federal and state tax credits
- Save filers hundreds of dollars in tax preparation fees
- Gain a sense of pride as you provide a valuable service to the community
Participate in an enjoyable and rewarding experience
- Multiple locations available throughout Philadelphia and Delaware County
Investing your time in our VITA program is an investment in your local families and communities!
For more information about becoming a VITA volunteer, contact Maria Duncan-Prince at email@example.com or at 610.543.5022 x239.
Volunteer Tutors (Unpaid)
PathWays PA offers free Adult Education classes to assist low-income students in furthering their education, studying to earn their GED® and improve their employment skills. PathWays PA volunteer tutors work with students, either one-on-one or in small groups, to help them improve their reading, writing, math and/or computer skills.
No experience is necessary! PathWays PA provides free training and tutors will have the opportunity to attend periodic professional development trainings.
Tutors will assist students in reaching their educational and career goals; instruct students on how to improve their study habits; and work to build the students’ confidence in their abilities.
- Ability to work 3 hours per week consistently throughout the entire program
- College degree or current college enrollment
- Reliable transportation
- Motivation to help others
- PathWays PA Corporate Office: 1300 MacDade Boulevard, Folsom, PA 19033
- Chester Office: 710 Crosby Street, Suite B, Chester, PA 19013
For more information about becoming a volunteer tutor, contact Kathy Raymond at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 610.543.5022 x235.
Front Desk Receptionist (Unpaid Volunteer Positions) – Holmes, PA
PathWays PA, a non-profit social service agency, is seeking volunteers to help us cover our front desk in Holmes, PA (Delaware County). Our agency helps low income women and children achieve self sufficiency through a variety of programs and educational classes. Public transportation is easily accessible. Answer phones, greet those that come in, help with copies and other light office work. Hours needing coverage are Monday – Friday – varying hours. Great office experience for someone out of school, between jobs, or perhaps retired and would like to help out in some way. Background checks are required for all volunteers.
Please email or fax your resume to 484-574-8056, attention: JL/TD, with the subject line “Front Desk Receptionist.” EOE
To submit your resume online, click here.
PathWays PA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.